25 Missions Quotes to Help You Gain a Passion for the World
You have probably heard about the Great Commission and have read Mark 16:15 And he said unto them, Go ye into all the world, and preach the gospel to every creature.
You may know about the great need for the Gospel around the world, but maybe you don’t have a passion for reaching this lost and dying world with the Gospel. It is not something that you think about on a weekly or even monthly basis. You haven’t considered how you could be involved in reaching the world with the Gospel in our generation.
Here are 25 quotes from great missionaries of the past about missions and the need for laborers to take the Gospel to the world!
- “The Great Commission is not an option to be considered; it is a command to be obeyed.” ― J. Hudson Taylor
- “He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose.” ― Jim Elliot
- “Some want to live within the sound Of church or chapel bell; I want to run a rescue shop, Within a yard of hell.” ― C.T. Stud
- “If ten men are carrying a log — nine of them on the little end and one at the heavy end — and you want to help, which end will you lift on?” ― William Borden
- “The future is a bright as the promises of God.” ― Adoniram Judson
- “To know the will of God, we need an open Bible and an open map.” ― William Carey
- “I am prepared to go anywhere, provided it be forward.” ― David Livingstone
- “Our young men are going to the professional fields because they don’t “feel called” to the mission field. We don’t need a call; we need a kick in the pants.” ― Jim Elliot
- “All God’s giants have been weak men who did great things for God because they reackoned on God being with them.” ― J. Hudson Taylor
- “There is no success without sacrifice. If you succeed without sacrifice it is because someone has suffered before you.
- If you sacrifice without success it is because someone will succeed after.” ― Adoniram Judson
- “And people who do not know the Lord ask why in the world we waste our lives as missionaries. They forget that they too are expending their lives… and when the bubble has burst they will have nothing of eternal significance to show for the years they have wasted.” ― Nate Saint
- “Why do you need a voice when you have a verse?” ― Jim Elliot
- “If a commission by an earthly king is considered a honor, how can a commission by a Heavenly King be considered a sacrifice?” ― David Livingstone
- “If Jesus Christ be God and died for me, then no sacrifice can be too great for me to make for Him.” ― C.T. Studd
- “Lord, make my way prosperous not that I achieve high station, but that my life be an exhibit to the value of knowing God.” ― Jim Elliot
- “No reserves. No retreats. No regrets.” ― William Borden
- “If I had 1,000 lives, I’d give them all for China.” ― Hudson Taylor
- “Expect great things from God. Attempt great things for God.” ― William Carey
- “Only one life,’ twill soon be past, Only what’s done for Christ will last.” ― C.T. Studd
- “The motto for every missionary, whether preacher, printer, or schoolmaster, ought to be ‘Devoted for Life.’” ― Adoniram Judson
- “I would rather die now than to live a life of oblivious ease in so sick a world.” ― Nate Saint
- “All the resources of the Godhead are at our disposal!” ― Jonathan Goforth
- “Proclaim the Word more and argue about it less.” ― William Cameron Townsend
- “God had only one Son, and He was a missionary.” ― David Livingstone
I hope these quotes have been an encouragement to you! Let me know which quote was your favorite or if there is another quote that I should add to this list.